On this tutorial, I would like to share my experience of rebuilding a client site based on ThemeForest’s theme with Visual Composer to Elementor.
Client problem: Slow website
- The website loads extremely slow… So slow till the client got to put a notice there.
- They worry about their SEO.
- Website is hosts on AWS, and the cost is expensive. (595 request loads under 27sec is pretty good performance)
Other problems that I found on the slow website
- WordPress, theme & plugins are outdated for years.
- Php is outdated.
- The website had been developed by numbers of times, they never remove whatever themes/plugins they no longer needed.
- They installed lots of plugins to achieve some layout design.
- Multiple repeated function plugins.
- Use WPBakery Page Builder (Visual Composer) to create post!
Here is the step on how I rebuild the website from WPBakery Page Builder (Visual Composer) to Elementor & make slow website load very fast in 1 sec
- Create a staging site on my web server.
- Removed the unnecessary themes/plugins.
- Use phpMyAdmin (or plugin Advanced Database Cleaner) to cleanup the tables from removed themes/plugins.
- Use shortcode cleaner to remove shortcode.
- Redesign header, footer, page & post layout with Elementor.
- Use Code Snippets to handle some function.
- Use Gutenberg to handle create post.
- Use Swift Performance Pro to optimize the website.
- Use Google Tag Manager to handle all the pixels.
PS: The website is currently hosted at Managed WordPress Hosting WPWebHost