The website is built with Visual Composer and having too many trouble with it; it loads so slow till the client are giving hope of it.
Problem: Slow website & loads in 27sec
On a page, the client got to put a notice to warning visitors about the slow loading website. To try to get better performance, the client hosted on AWS, but the cost is so expensive. (595 request loads under 27sec is a pretty good performance)
Other problems that I found after the site audit
- WordPress, theme & plugin are outdated for years.
- Outdated PHP.
- The website had been developed by numbers of times, they never remove whatever themes & plugins they no longer needed.
- They installed lots of plugins to achieve some layout design.
- Multiple repeated function plugins.
- Use WPBakery Page Builder (Visual Composer) to create a post!
8 easy steps on how to rebuild (convert) the website from WPBakery Page Builder (Visual Composer) to Elementor & make slow website load very fast in 1 sec
1. Create a staging site.
2. Removed the unnecessary themes/plugins.
3. Use phpMyAdmin (or plugin WP-Sweep, Plugins Garbage Collector) to optimize the database.
4. Use shortcode cleaner to remove shortcode that is left from WPBakery Page Builder (Visual Composer).
5. Redesign header, footer, page & post layout with Elementor Pro’s theme builder function.
6. Use Code Snippets to handle some functions.
7. Use Gutenberg to handle all post.
8. Use Swift Performance Pro to optimize the website.
PS: The website is currently hosted at Managed WordPress Hosting WPWebHost